Join us on Saturday, November 10, 2018, from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. for a family fun event – Columbia Fall Celebration!
Fall Celebration brings everyone together to experience the benefits of conserving special places in central South Carolina. Friends of the land trust will be able to enjoy live music by The Blue Iguanas, outdoor recreation, fun activities, food and more! This year you can join us at Wavering Place! This beautiful, family-owned property is protected with a conservation easement from CLT and is listed on the national register of historic places.
Lunch Provided by Capital City Catering
– Lowcountry Boil: cooked onsite with fresh shrimp, sweet corn, red potatoes, sweet onions, and smoked sausage *A small portion will not include shrimp for anyone with shellfish allergies* – Lowcountry Chicken Bog: slow-cooked chicken with onions, smoked sausage, and rice
– Dessert: Peach Cobbler with sweet peaches baked with cinnamon butter
-Falconry Demonstrations by Tyler Wright
-Morning hike/tour with CLT Land Protection Director, Mary Crockett (30 minutes)
– Afternoon Nature hike with Naturalist, John Cely & property owner, Weston Adams (45 mins – 1 hour: participants will need appropriate shoes and should be prepared for steep terrain *not suitable for all ages*)
-Bring Your Own Bike* – There will be a designated area for those who bring a bike to explore parts of Wavering Place! Enjoy riding/walking the one-mile scenic loop on the property. *Participants MUST bring a helmet & sign a waiver* (takes about 15-20 minutes to bike the loop, 30 minutes to walk)
-Retriever Demos by – Palmetto Gun Dogs
– Interactive Wildlife & Urban Wildlife Program – Presented by Carolina Wildlife Center
– Camp Discovery – Kids interactive learning activities
-After lunch face painting by Palmetto Party Faces!
We hope you can make it!
Learn more about CLT: www.congareelt.org
For more events like this one visit https://sctravelguide.com/events